lørdag den 11. juni 2011

Altitude sucks!

We had a epic trip in a Hercules plane - you know, they look bigger in the
films?! The look of the landscape as we passed it was breath taking, so
beautiful - I'm in the right line of work.

Anyway arrived safe and sound at the NEEM camp, offloaded the plane, and
some left as we arrived. A lot of hello's and goodbye's - and then lunch.

The altitude sucks! I feel out of breath and a bit nauseas. I'm toled it
should pass in a day or so. A trip to the loo, also did me a world of good.
The loo is a small tent, where you raise a flag when it in use, and then do
you businesses into a deep hole into the ice. The biggest problem in camp
is when people forget to take down the flag after they are done.

I'm taking it easy the rest of the day, and will not push it the next few
days - then I should be fine.

I'm really sad that I cant shear pictures with you, it is so stunning this
icy wasteland.

Ingen kommentarer: