torsdag den 16. juni 2011

Work, work, work

So what do I do up here?

My day start at around 1700 where I wake up, do my mails and other stuff
and at 1900 there is dinner/breakfast and then from 2000 to 0800 (night
sift) I work as a helper in the CFA lab.
I prepare ice cores in the science trench, witch is 8 meters below the
surface. It is about -20 degrees Celsius down here. We use a 3.5cm X 3.5cm
X 110 cm piece of the ice cores witch I log breaks, length, remove cracks
with drill liquid and clean the ends of the core pieces. Then I load the
pieces into a holder and places the holder on a melt head. From here we
melt the ice from the bottom up, and the melt water is analysed in the CFA
lab (Continues Flow Analysis). Here we detect different chemical signals
and I try to detect drill liquid in this complicated CFA system. Drill
liquid will make havoc in the system, that is why we are careful in
cleaning the the ice cores.
This goes on until 0800 where the day shift take over and we eat
breakfast/dinner, have a beer and then go to bed.

This should be a standard day - especially after I'm finally is feeling
okey. Altitude+jetlag(changing to nightshift)+an upset stomach really
played a number on me.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sagde ...

sounds good to me