onsdag den 29. juni 2011

Early in Kangerlussuaq

Yesterday was the day that I flew to Kangerlussuaq with the Hercules, had a quick farewell to the camp and an even quicker packing. 
Becourse we in the CFA lab had finiched so much earlyere then expected and we had nothing to do, I was sent out of the camp. The brittle ice we were supposed to analyse was in such a bad shape that, when it was worst, we could only use 3% of the ice core for chemical analysis. The brittle ice is between 600-1200 meter down in the ice, so we had about 600 meters to analyses. In one 12-hour night shift I processed 200 meters and only found few usable pieces for the analysis. 

So now I am in Kangerlussuaq where I will help with ice core distribution. Some is going to Copenhagen, others to france and so on. I help where I can, and tuesday the 5th of July I am going HOME! I'm still getting payed to the 16th of July so that is good, and  there will be some work at the CIC when I get home.

See you  

1 kommentar:

Anonym sagde ...

lyder stresset, men herligt khe