lørdag den 2. juli 2011

NEEM Zombiland rules.

Rule 1: "Cardio"
Due to the altitude in the camp, (~2.5km above sea level), the days after I got back to Kanger, I was in the best shape ever!

Rule 2: "Double tap"
The Greenlandic mosquitoes are fierce bastards... and hard to kill. I now count 20+ bites.

Rule 3: "Beware of bathrooms"
That is a lesson to you! Be glad that you have a nice bathroom, I was sitting in a little tent, doing my business in a hole dug in the snow.

Rule 4: "Wear seatbelts"
Here in Kanga I get to practice my driving a lot. We have tree cars with fore wheel drive at our disposal. They are not in the best of conditions, but since the traffic is extremely light is a good place for driving experiences. Tomorrow I plan to drive out to the sugar loaf (Sukkertoppen) and clime that. Rough dirt roads all the way out there. 

Rule 7: "Travel light"
On the ice, you are carrying all the stuff you need for the job. The suit and boots are heavy and the air is thin so you think ahead of what you are gonna do until you get back inside. 

Rule 8: "Get a kickass partner"
All the people in camp are kickass in each there one way. And fun to spend time with, it keeps the mode and moral up.

Rule 17: "Don't be a hero"
The ice sheet is a dangerous place, and medical assistance is a long way away. "Take it easy" is heard a lot.

Rule 18: "Limber up"
The cold is a hard place to work, mussels get cold and stiff is you don't exercise them while you are working.

Rule 22: "When in doubt, know your way out"
When you work 8 meters under the snow and ice, and you can see the splintering sealing. The weight of the snow on top make the sealing sag. There are to elevators and a set of stairs 

Rule 31: "Check the back seat"
When driving a skidoo (witch I have done as much as I could get away with) it is always important to be aware of what you are driving with. Nothing, a passenger or a sledge, I mostly drove with a waste container from the CFA lab, but I have dropped a sledge by accident. Nothing happened other then I had to go back after it. But you never know if there could be a zombi behind you.

Rule 32: "Enjoy the little things"
This was the first rule i thought of in camp, the day that I sat on a freshly dug toilet, no shit-sickle raising up towards me, only the fresh hole and a tent full of fresh air.
 

1 kommentar:

Nini sagde ...

Så er jeg klar, online og på pletten! Glæder mig til at læse lidt om Svalbard, nu hvor temperaturen burde være mere som du kender den, og sneen burde dale blidt - Eller er du ankommet til snestorm, ligesom lige nu i USA?